Re-Discover the Galapagos Islands.
Galapagos Expedition brings you the latest "Top-Notch" info that will multiply your desire to explore and re-discover these enchanted Islands.
If you like this e-zine <>, please do a friend and me a big favor and "pay it forward."
If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting the following page:
For information on Selected Galapagos Tours, please click on the next link:
Galapagos Island Tours
Issue #125, March 2009
Table of Contents:
1) The Prince of Wales Visits Quito and Galapagos
2) Famous Actor Richard Gere Touring Galapagos
3) Galapagos Tours for Children
Galapagos Weather Update: Tropical showers are not too overwhelming, lasting short periods. The ocean is generally calm due to the absence of the south east trade winds.
Some land based species (like finches, mockingbirds, lizards, land iguanas, tortoises) will reproduce at this time of the year since there are plenty of food sources available: plants for insects, seeds for finches, flowers for iguanas, etc.
Expect calm waters and virtually non strong currents, perfect for Snorkeling and swimming.
1) The Prince of Wales Visits Quito and Galapagos: Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, were recently visiting Ecuador. The Prince of Wales has spent more than 20 years campaigning on environmental issues.
Charles had a great time in Galapagos. Read a complete review here
2) Richard Gere Touring Galapagos: Gere with his wife and son explored the Galapagos Islands recently. They met the Giant Tortoise called Lonesome George, which is the last living member of the Geochelone abigdoni tortoise species from Floreana Island.
Read more about the visit of Richard Gere in Galapagos
3) Galapagos Tours for Children: The new Tours for children program in Galapagos is called Young Pirates program and it is aimed for young Galapagos Explorers. This program is oriented at children ranging between ages 7 to 12 years old.
Learn more about this new tour option in Galapagos
More About Galapagos
Luxury La Pinta Yacht Cruising Galapagos
Find Cheap Air Flights to the Galapagos Islands
Galapagos Diving Tours
Galapagos Land Tours
I hope you have enjoyed the information contained in this new Galapagos Expedition issue and I look forward to see you soon in the Galapagos Islands...
All the Best
To Galapagos Islands Homepage
To Ecuador Home Page